Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dare to be Different join George Costanza

School might be back but my mind still appears to be elsewhere, after getting a decent handicap for golf and pulling some great snapper I am really not looking forward to school. For years I have told the story of how someone has put wages in my bank, and I'm doing stuff that I love and I don't consider it work. I know that I will be in the groove quickly and I will be sweet in a few days, but I don't want to do the same stuff, that has always bored me. I have decided the best thing is to do a George Louis Costanza, when life was kicking him in the guts he decided to do the opposite in every action and decision that he would normally make. It made for a great episode and George got a job with the Yankees and his life turned to success.

George : It became very clear to me sitting out there today, that every decision I've ever made, in my entire life, has been wrong. My life is the complete opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every aspect of life, be it something to wear, something to eat... It's all been wrong.
George : Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice that you were looking in my direction.
Victoria : Oh, that's because you ordered the same lunch as me.
George : My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.
Victoria : (with a huge smile) My name is Victoria, hi!

Day One: Wear a suit and tie. 
Week One: Im thinking of making some sort of random film.
- other random thoughts -
eat sushi, no tea/coffee/hot drinks at work for a week, no lunchtimes in the staffroom
I'm gonna post some footage of week one for you.

This is how we hula dance around the leaky buildings






Shifting the deckchairs on the Titanic might result in you moving to the chairs situated next to the lifeboats. If you want to sit still and stale then more of the same is what you will get. Join me and George, drag a colleague, get off your arse, dare to be different.

No comments: